I received a pre-enrollment statement from the University of Parma. What do I have to do now?


Non-EU citizens not living in Italy must submit a pre-enrollment application to the Italian Embassy in their country. The following documents are typically required by the Embassy:
– a pre-enrollment statement that you received from the University of Parma (two copies);
– application Form A (two copies) that can be downloaded by the candidate from this website;
– two passport-sized photographs;
– official certificate issued by your Academic Institution for students who already completed graduation or a provisional certificate for the current year completion (previous years are not accepted);
– an official transcript issued by your Academic Institution containing the list of all exams that you passed (with grade, credits, lecture-hours, and relevant definitions).
Some useful details for the application are:
– The address of our University is: Department of Food and Drug, Università di Parma, Parco Area delle Scienze 27/A, 43124, Parma (Italy).
– The academic year you can enroll to is 2020/ 2021.
– The two-year program is a Master of Science in Food Safety and Food Risk Management
– Since the Master of Science in Food safety and Food Risk Management uses English as the Official Language, you do not need to provide any certificate about your knowledge of the Italian language.
– Your English proficiency must be certified with a level of at least B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment. Alternatively, you must provide a certificate from the Institution which issued your Bachelor degree stating that the program used English as the medium of instruction.
– The pre-enrollment application deadline varies across embassies and countries. Please note that the procedure may take a long time, hence we recommend to check carefully for early deadlines and apply as soon as you have received the pre-enrollment statement.
The Italian Embassy or Consulate will certify the originality of all the documents issued by the Institution which granted your first-level Bachelor degree, release a relevant “Declaration of Value”, authenticate your photo and submit your application to the University of Parma. The Embassy will also be responsible to issue an entry student visa for Italy. After completing the previous steps, you can finalize your enrollment at the University of Parma by following the procedure at the UniPr webiste. If you are interested in benefits, you can check the Er.Go reference page. Er.Go. calls for applications will be published in July. Information about how to apply are available here.